بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Reasons Why I Spoke Against Al Hujjah Pubs NYC
My reasons for not supporting Al Hujjah publications (NYC) and speaking against them can be summarized in the following points:
- He (Tawheed – the owner of Al Hujjah Pubs) recently mentioned my name and the name of Shaikh ‘Ubaid al Jabiree (حفظه الله) in a video to promote his organization, but he is well aware that I have had no cooperation with the organization for over 6 years. I personally feel the video is misleading because it gives the impression that he is still in contact with me as it relates to da’wah activities, and this is not the case.
I ask the brother: By Allah, have you consulted me or Shaikh ‘Ubaid in any da’wah affair in the past 6 years?
So why would he seek to promote his organization by mentioning my name and the…
View original post 647 more words
Imaam Adh-Dhahabee said:
“May Allaah have mercy over the person who speaks little, reads the Qur’aan, weeps over his lost time, constantly gazes into Bukhaaree and Muslim, and worships Allaah before he is surprised by death.”
Shyness is of two types:
1. What consists of character and disposition and cannot be acquired. Shyness is the behavior Allah granted the servant. The Prophet sallallahu alayhe was salaam said ” Shyness brings about nothing but good.” It prohibits a person from committing despicable actions and displaying degrading behavior.
2.What is attainable through knowing Allah and knowing His greatness as well as His closeness to His servants.His overseeing them, and His knowledge of what deceives the eyes while being hidden in the chests.
Shyness from Allah may be caused by witnessing and reflecting over His blessings and the shortcomings associated with being thankful for them.
The praiseworthy shyness is the behavior that encourages the performing of commendable actions and abandoning the wretched.
Concerning the statement : ” If you do not feel shy then do as you wish .” One meaning is that it does not command to do whatever you wish, but it conveys a meaning of blame and prohibition. One way of interpreting it is that it conveys a threat/warning. The second way to interpret it is that it is a way of conveying information. The thing that prohibits a person from doing bad actions is shyness.
An-Nawawee said , The Scholars said that the reality of shyness is the character that encourages the abandonment of despicable actions and prevents against negligence concerning the rights of the people who possess rights over others.
Aboo Al Qaasim al Junayd said Shyness is recognizing Allahs favors, meaning His blessings and the recognizing of ones own negligence in light of them both.
When shyness is lost, every type of evil is committed.
There are five signs of wretchedness:
1. The harshness in the hearts
2. The unflinching eye
3. The lack of shyness
4. The seeking of worldy pleasures.
5. Longevity in life
An example of shyness is Asmaa bint Aboo Bakr in the hadeeth where she carried the date stones and was offered to ride behind the Prophet sallallahu alaihe was salaam but was too shy.
Source: My Advice to the Women – Umm Abdillah al-Waadi’iyyah – pgs 253-259
The Definition of Ibaadah (Worship)
Al-Ibaadah is a collective term for everything that Allaah loves and is pleased with, from the sayings and the actions, inwardly and outwardly.
The Types Of Ibaadah Are Five:
1) Ibaadah of Belief- It is that the Muslim believes that Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, is the Creator, the Sustainer, the Giver of Life and Death and the Manager of the Affairs of His slaves. The only One worthy of worship alone, having no partners in supplication, in slaughtering, vows and other than that and that He is the One described with the attributes of Majesty and Perfection of Magnificence and Might and other types of belief.
2) Ibaadah of Speech- Such as the pronouncement of the ‘Shahadah’ that ‘there is no one worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah’ and such as the recitation of the Qur’aan and dua’a and Prophetic supplications and other types of verbal worship.
3) Ibaadah of the Body- That is like the standing , the bowing, the prostrating in the prayer, fasting, the actions of Hajj, Hijrah (migration), Jihad and other types of bodily worship.
4) Ibaadah of Wealth- Such as Zakaat, Sadaqah and other than that.
5) Ibaadah of Abandonment- It is that the Muslim abandons all forbidden things, types of Shirk and bid’ah (innovations) in compliance to what Allaah has legislated. The Muslim is rewarded for leaving the Haraam (prohibited) when he leaves it seeking the Face of Allaah.
[Information taken from the book “Beneficial Speech in Establishing the Evidences of Tawheed” by Shaykh Muhammad Bin Abdil-Wahhaab Al-Wasaabee, pg. 42-43]
[Q]-What is Salafiyyah? Is it obligatory to traverse its manhaj (methodology) and to hold onto it?
[A]-Salafiyyah is to traverse upon the methodology of the Salaf from the Companions, the taabi’een and the virtuous generations in ‘aqeedah, understanding and manners. It is obligatory upon the Muslims to traverse this manhaj (methodology).
Salafiyyah is not a hizb (party) from the ahzaab (parties) as some think and propagate. Rather, it is an ascription to the Salafus-Saalih and following their manhaj, as the Shaykh – may Allaah be pleased with him – has stated. This is because they – that is, the Companions – are as Ibn Mas’ood described them in his statement, “Whoever wishes to follow someone, then let him follow one who has already died. Since those that are living are not safe from the fitnah (trial, discord). These are the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah SalAllaahu alaihe was sallam, the people with the most righteous of hearts, and the most earnest of them in knowledge, and the least of them in hypocrisy,” may Allaah be please with them. [Refer to Jaami’ Bayaanul-‘Ilm wa Fadlihi (p.49), Mishkaatul-Masaabeeh (no.193) and al-Hilyah (1/305) of Aboo Nu’aym.]
[Information taken from the book “Fundamentals of the Salaafee Methodology” By Imaam Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee (d.1420H)]