As Salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
In a 2009 “Understanding La illaha illaAllaah” class, our brother Abu Yusuf Khaleefah gave us 8 points that will help an individual to have knowledge of La illaha illaAllaah…..
1. Contemplating over the Names and Attributes of Allaah Subhana wa at ala along with His actions which are an indication of His completeness and magnificence.
2. Having the knowledge that Allaah Subhana wa at ala is singled out with the matter of creation in the arranging of the affairs.
3. Having knowledge that Allaah alone is the one who bestows the outward and inward bounties upon His creation, His servants. Bounties which are connected to one’s religious life and one’s worldly life. As when one realizes the fact that he has been given a bounty from the Creator then this would necessitate the heart being connected to the Creator.
4. That which we hear of and that which we see from the reward of those who are the allies of the Creator who establish monotheism in their life, who have received support and aid from the Creator AND that which we see from the punishment of the enemies of the Creator from the polytheists. All of this calls to the knowledge that He alone is to be worshipped.
5. Having knowledge of the characteristics of the idols and the equals which have been set up along with the Creator as partners to be worshipped. And that which has been taken as a deity besides the Creator and come to know that that which is worshipped besides the Creator is deficient and not owning any harm or benefit for the one who worships them nor controlling the matter of life or death nor resurrection and other than that.
6. That all of the books sent by the Creator to the messengers were in agreement that none has the right to be worshipped except for the Creator.
7. That the elite of mankind (the best of mankind) who are the most complete of creation in the matter of character, intellect, sound judgment and being upon that which is correct in knowledge….and they are the messengers, the prophets and the scholars. All of them have bore witness that none has the right to be worshipped except for the Creator. So being that these are the forefront of creation, and this is what they were all upon, then this will help us in knowing that none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah alone without partners.
8. That which Allaah has established from the evidences which are an indication of Him being singled out in all acts of worship, which is monotheism. These signs or evidences can be Universal signs or Legislative signs. The Universal signs are that which we find in creation. Looking at ourselves, the Sun, the Moon, the Trees and other matters of creation. When we examine and ponder over creation, it establishes the fact that there is only one Creator and that one Creator is to be the one who is deserving of all acts of worship who has no partners. From the legislative signs, they are the ayah of the Qur’an and the Qur’an is the speech of Allaah and nothing from Allaah Subhana wa at ala is created.
If one say that the Qur’an is created, then they are saying that Allaah Himself is created and we know that this is from the forced ideologies that have been entered upon some individuals from the past from amongst the Muslims who fell into this tremendous error of saying that the Qur’an was created. And this matter was refuted by the scholars of Islam of the past with proofs and evidences from the Qur’an itself and from the statements of the Prophet Muhammad SalAllaahu alayhe wa sallam.
May we use these points to help aid us to have knowledge of La illaha illaAllaah.