The Definition of Ibaadah (Worship)
Al-Ibaadah is a collective term for everything that Allaah loves and is pleased with, from the sayings and the actions, inwardly and outwardly.
The Types Of Ibaadah Are Five:
1) Ibaadah of Belief- It is that the Muslim believes that Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, is the Creator, the Sustainer, the Giver of Life and Death and the Manager of the Affairs of His slaves. The only One worthy of worship alone, having no partners in supplication, in slaughtering, vows and other than that and that He is the One described with the attributes of Majesty and Perfection of Magnificence and Might and other types of belief.
2) Ibaadah of Speech- Such as the pronouncement of the ‘Shahadah’ that ‘there is no one worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah’ and such as the recitation of the Qur’aan and dua’a and Prophetic supplications and other types of verbal worship.
3) Ibaadah of the Body- That is like the standing , the bowing, the prostrating in the prayer, fasting, the actions of Hajj, Hijrah (migration), Jihad and other types of bodily worship.
4) Ibaadah of Wealth- Such as Zakaat, Sadaqah and other than that.
5) Ibaadah of Abandonment- It is that the Muslim abandons all forbidden things, types of Shirk and bid’ah (innovations) in compliance to what Allaah has legislated. The Muslim is rewarded for leaving the Haraam (prohibited) when he leaves it seeking the Face of Allaah.
[Information taken from the book “Beneficial Speech in Establishing the Evidences of Tawheed” by Shaykh Muhammad Bin Abdil-Wahhaab Al-Wasaabee, pg. 42-43]